Villa Farnesina, Credit: Peter1936F/Wikimedia
The Villa Farnesina was built between 1506 - 1510 for Agostino Chigi, a banker and the treasurer of Pope Julius II. In 1555 the villa was sold to the Farnese family followed by the Bourbons of Naples and in 1861 the Spanish Ambassador of Rome. Today it is owned by the City of Rome and houses the Accademia dei Lincei, the Roman academy of sciences and the Roman Gabinetto dei Disegni e delle Stampe (Department for Drawings and Prints).
The villa features beautiful frescos by Raphael, Sebastiano del Piombo, Giulio Romano. Raphael's frescos are most well-known. They depict classical and secular myths of Cupid and Psyche and the Triumph of Galatea.
The Villa Farnesina regularly presents Renaissance music concerts on historical instruments in a concert hall surrounded by Raphael's frescos.
Ihre Suche ergab leider kein Ergebnis.
Via della Lungara, 230
See on Google Maps
The Villa Farnesina is located in the center of Rome in the district Trastevere.
Tram line 8, Station: Belli
(approx. 10 minute walking distance to Villa Farnesina)
main, 100 Sitze