• St. Clement's Church, © Photo: rickyyates.com

St. Clement's Church

Prag, Tschechien



St. Clement’s Church is one of the oldest churches in Prague located in the New Town. Historical documents state the Church was built in 1226. It later became a parish church and included in its jurisdiction the school, the vicarage and two cemeteries. In the 14th century the roman church was demolished and replaced with a new single-aisled gothic building with a tower on the north side of its presbytery. In 1893 – 1894 the church underwent radical puritanical renovation, initiated by the architect františek Mikš. Further reconstruction was carried out in 1975-1981.

Today the Anglican-Episcopal church offers services in English and classical concerts.

Termine

Ihre Suche ergab leider kein Ergebnis.

Adresse

St. Clement's Church
Klimentská 5
11000 Prag
Tschechien
See on Google Maps

Transport



St Clement’s Church is located on Klimentská in Praha 1. Klimentská street is near Revoluční on the right going from Náměstí Republiky to the River Vltava. The church has a light yellow colour and is set in a small square. It cannot be missed.

Public Transportation

Underground: Metro station Náměstí Republiky and Florenc

Tram: Těšnov‎ stop (lines 3, 5) or Dlouhá třída‎ (lines 8, 14, 26, 91)

Car

Free parking is available at weekends in Lannova, a street which lies parallel to Klimentská, near the River Vltava.

Seating Information

Main Hall, 300 Sitze