Shoreditch Church, London
Following the partial collapse of the tower of the Shoreditch Church (also called St. Leonard's) in 1716 the medieval church was rebuilt in Palladian style built by George Dance the Elder in 1736 - 1740, with a soaring 192-foot-tall steeple, an imitation of Christopher Wren's magnificent steeple on St Mary-le-Bow in Cheapside, and a giant four columned, pedimented Tuscan portico. Many original 18th century fixtures and fittings remain, including the font, the pulpit, the communion table, clock, organ case, bread cupboards and commandment boards. It was lit with gaslight in 1817, the first in London.
Ihre Suche ergab leider kein Ergebnis.
Shoreditch High Street
E1 6JN London
See on Google Maps
Tube and mainline:
149, 48, 26, 242, 8, 26, 35, 42, 47, 48, 78, 149, 242, 344, 388
Main Hall, 200 Sitze