×

The Church of St. John the Evangelist

Boston, USA

The church building, made of stone in a gothic style, was erected in 1831 by Congregationalist Christians. From 1863-1883, it was occupied by the Church of the Advent (which afterwards moved to its current location on Brimmer Street). In 1883, the building became the Mission Church of St. John the Evangelist under the auspices of the Society of St. John the Evangelist, a monastic order. After building a new monastery on Memorial Drive in Cambridge, the SSJE brothers continued their mission work at St. John's. In 1985, almost a century after the brothers established the mission church here, St. John's became a Parish Church in the Episcopal Diocese of Massachusetts.

Termine

Ihre Suche ergab leider kein Ergebnis.

Adresse

The Church of St. John the Evangelist
35 Bowdoin Street
MA 02114 Boston
USA
See on Google Maps

Transport

St. John's is a 5-minute walk from Government Center Station (Green and Blue Lines) or Park Street Station (Green and Red Lines), and a 10-minute walk from Charles/MGH (Red Line), State (Orange Line), or North Station (Green and Orange Lines).

Seating Information

main, 100 Sitze